Sunday, February 21, 2010

That Dumb Scale!!

So about a month ago I got a thing in the mail that said I could try out the new snap fitness in Cedar City for free if I participated in a "fitness study." The only requirement was that you couldn't currently be working out (for once that played in my favor!). So I've been doing that the last three weeks, three times a week, and I've been going to the funnest thing ever...ZUMBA...with my friend Brea twice a week. Last week I worked out 6 out of the 7 days! I'm really trying to get back into shape and seriously, I don't think I have sweated (doesn't sound right) that much since cheerleading in high school-I'm not a big sweater-but I've been dripping sweat after Zumba and my workouts at Snap. Yesterday was my last day at the fitness study and I decided to weigh myself on the same scale I weighed myself on last week and (no need for a drum roll) it turns out I gained a freaking pound!!! I didn't even lose a single pound. Drew says this is because muscle weighs more than fat and I probably got a lot more muscley. I think he was just trying to make me feel better. The frustrating thing is that I know I'm capable of weighing a lot less. I don’t want to tell you how much weight I’ve gained since I got married. Yes, I look okay in clothes, but summer is coming quickly and I am nowhere near bikini ready. Yes, I am trying to help my husband gain more weight by making him fattening food, but I don’t want that to be my excuse. Yes, I probably love chocolate way too much but what girl doesn’t? Yes, my 8 month pregnant friend weighs just 5 pounds more than me. Yes, if you haven't noticed yet, I am venting!!! HELP!! What’s the secret?? Ha ha…I need some words of encouragement…or something! If you've gotten this far, thanks for listening!



5 comments:

Krista Atkinson said...

You are probably gaining muscle! Keep it up and i bet in month the pounds will start falling off. Don't worry! and don't listen to the scale... go by how you clothes fit.. thats a better indicator! I am sure you look great anyway! At least you don't baby weight to lose like me!

Kristi Martin said...

Oh Cyd! I freakin love you! Keep going my love. Try working out for the both of us, I'm sure you will see some progress, although I will not.

Elder Alex Petersen said...

You look amazing but i know how you feel....i have been training for a marathon and running has been the only thing to help me loose weight while strength training! don't give up...keep going and by summer you will look amazing!

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

Yay! You have a blog! We want you two to come play with us so bad! Girl, you so look amazing! And it's true the scale lies sometimes! I've been working out for weeks, and my numbers have barely changed! But my clothes do fit different. I'm so excited to be following your blog!

Stephanie said...

Zumba is freaking fun. I love it. I know it can be frusterating, but I would KILL to look like you. Don't base it on weight, base it on how great you feel in your favorite pair of pants. I bet you look amazing. Drew's right, you're probably able to compete for most sculpted woman:)