Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wesley James is here...





Well here goes the story of Wesley's birth!! My due date was Sunday, Aug. 21st and it came and went. Monday morning I woke up at 6:30 to my first contraction and they came every 15 minutes for about 2 hours after that so I called my mom and she was on her way down. Of course the minute she got through Salt Lake the contractions had almost stopped all together. I had about 1 every hour...suckie! So Drew and I went to wal-mart to see if walking around would get things going a little faster. Got yelled at in the parking lot by a girl that felt we took her parking spot. She said, "are you kidding me, I'm 9 months pregnant." right to Drew's face. I then got out of the car and said, "I'm having my baby today (pointing to my big belly), I think I got you beat." That sure shut her right up. Ha ha. Drew's mom decided to come down after the contractions were coming a little more frequently. We went to see The Help at 10:00 that night and they were coming 7 minutes apart the whole movie and by the time we got home they were every 5 minutes. Drew and I waited about an hour then decided to go to the hospital. When they checked me I was a 3 and 80% effaced. They kept me for an hour to see if I would progress, which I didn't, but when they called my doc he said to keep me and start pitocin-probably cuz I was overdue. This was around 4:00 a.m. I asked for the epidural at 6:00 and let me tell you, OUCHY! It didn't work the first time and it was the worst pain I've ever felt. At around 10:30 I started to really feel my contractions on the left side and a few minutes later could lift my whole left leg. How do people go natural!?!?!? They rolled me around and it still didn't help. I was in so much pain and was delirious by this point. They decided to give me a mega-dose and I could actually relax after that. It took me 8 hours to go from a 5 to an 8, which was a little frustrating, but then I hit a 10 about 45 minutes later. I pushed for a half hour and little (or big) Wesley was born at 4:43 p.m. on Tuesday, August 23rd weighing in at 8 pounds 7 oz, and was 20 inches long. He's been such a good baby! I can't believe how fast these last 6 weeks have gone by and how much he has changed in that short amount of time. We are in love and couldn't be happier!!
To see his newborn pictures go to saraursuaphotography.com :) she does amazing work!!

3 comments:

Kev and Niki said...

Congrats he is a cutie!!! I bet you guys are the best parents!

Sarah said...

Congrats! He is darling :)

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how long you were in labor! I'm so sorry! You went natural longer than I did you brave woman! :) You seem like an awesome mom!